Sunday, September 6, 2009

Chimney Bluffs State Park

We went to Chimney Bluffs State Park early this morning. The sun was in my eyes when I saw the park sign so I backed up and parked. I knew immediately that this was the wrong place to park when I got to the lake shore. This picture is down the beach with the bluffs in the distance. (There is a parking lot where you are a few meter from the bluffs)

You should see this if you have parked in the right parking lot and you didn't walk 1/2 mile.
On the high road back to the picnic parking area where I parked, you can see things in a different perspective. Also the trail is right up to the cliffs, in fact the path is partly eroded in spots leaving a drop of 25-30 feet straight down then you tumble for another 50 ft. Grenville made it but he had me on tenterhooks until we got closer to sea level.

No comments:

Post a Comment